Tuesday, June 28, 2011

*Seems like Saturday*

The great thing about having 2 parents and a grandparent who are teachers is that everyday is like Saturday during the summer! The girls are thrilled about summer! My parents have been working furiously in the garage/summer kitchen getting ready for the Cole 4th of July Hoo Rah.  It was in need of some renovations and upgrades. I'll post pics tomorrow but it looks AWESOME! Addie wanted to help Poppy paint yesterday, so here's what she wore:

Yes, every painter I know wears a white sundress and red satin gloves. Nice. 

Luckily we have great friends with a pool! And let me say this about my friend with a pool, Tammy. You know these types who make REAL strawberry lemonade (not the Crystal Light kind)... the type who make mouthwatering everything and not only does it taste wonderful, it also looks like a 5 star chef prepared it? Yes we all know a person like that.  Usually you want to slap them for being so damn perfect. But the weird thing about Tammy is- you don't want to slap her! She's a great cook and definitely the hostess with the mostest and she is passing that on to her sweet daughter, Mary Will. When we were visiting once, I handed a glass of ice to Mary Will, and she handed it back to me and said "guests first".  Impressive. 

 The girls had a wonderful time swimming with the Hodges and Frachiseur kids.  They were waterlogged when we got home. That's the greatest advantage to having a pool. Your kids are exhausted at night! Now I truly understand why my teacher mother insisted that my father get a pool when she was home all summer with my brother and me. I truly understand! :)




Uncle Ernie, Aunt Beth and Colten came by for dinner tonight and Ali Grace went with Beth to pick grapes. They looked like wine grapes. They were really good too!



 While we hunted grapes, Colten and Addie went on a gator ride around the farm. 



The girls are really stoked about seeing Meredith, Goran, Julie, Anneli, Cindy, Chuck, Bonnie, Carlos, and whoever else wanders in over the next few days! Everyone knows we party it up on the Ponderosa for the 4th of July! Fireworks on the dock Saturday night! Not the cheesy Georgia kind, but the dangerous Florida kind! Be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment