Friday, June 24, 2011

Just so I don't forget...





Addie:(While I'm brushing her hair):  Mama, I don't want to grow up. I just want to stay this size forever.
Me: I love you this size too, but growing up is kinda cool too. Why don't you want to grow up?
Addie: Mama, I never want to leave you.
Me: (lump in my throat): Addie, you'll get to the age where you want to leave me, but you don't have to go far. I live across the road from my mama and daddy and you can too if you want to.
Addie: Well that's what I'm going to do Mama. My husband, Daddy, Poppy and the farm crew can build my house in that spot right next to Poppy's garden.
Me: That would make me very happy Addie Belle, but you know where EVER you go, as long as you are happy I am happy.
Addie: Good Mama. I like it when you're happy.

I just had to write that down so I never forget it... sweet soul my Addie Belle is..

Ali Grace put on the bee veil today and went off with Pete to check the hive. So far so good!







Great night on the grill too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment