Sunday, June 12, 2011

A Blessed Birthday


This morning Addie, popped her head straight up when she woke and said "Happy Birthday Mama.. you are the best Mama in the world."  Now how could you ask for anything else?   I had a great birthday breakfast at Mama and Daddy's across the road and then after church we took off to the Hodge Podge Lodge for an afternoon of swimming with friends. 

When we came back, the girls were exhausted and Addie was a little "sassy".  Daddy offered to take me out to eat for my birthday, but when you cook as well as my parents do, why go out to eat? It was hot and we were tired from swimming so I just requested a home cooked meal!  While my daddy fried shrimp in the outdoor kitchen, Addie pouted inside. 


The shrimp were wonderful!! Mama made great tartar sauce too. When Addie finally moped outside, after Ali and Pete had already gone back home, Nanny asked Addie what SHE wanted for supper. She announced STEAK! I giggled but hadn't even turned around and Poppy was slicing her a steak and Nanny was cooking it for her. Talk about ROTTEN to the CORE!





All in all, it was a perfect birthday. I know I'm a homebody. I don't care. I love it out here. Pete and I watched House Hunters last night and a couple was looking for a house in Detroit. They settled on a condo that was gorgeous. Pete said he liked it. I said I liked the inside too. I would wither away and die there, but it was pretty. My friend Alisa loves the hustle and bustle of the city. She really thrives on city life. When I go to Augusta, I can't get away fast enough. Funny how God plants us where he knows we'll grow.  I'm glad I've been planted here among friends and family. It was a great birthday. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad we could provide vitamin D and chlorine therapy for your birthday. The peppers were absolutely delicious in our stir fry. Come again soon.

    ReplyDelete