Monday, February 8, 2010

Spring Fever

What always makes my husband crazier than a wife with the winter blues is a wife with spring fever. In about a month I will go completely crazy cleaning every nook and cranny, opening windows and patio doors to let the cool fresh air in and packing away every single shoe that ever thought of covering painted toenails. A thousand pairs of flip flops make their way back into my closet and there is always a sun 'n sand Yankee candle burning.  

This year, in order to save a little cash, and in order to be "frugally chic", we are going to Jekyll Island rather than the Caribbean.  I know the muddy waters of the Georgia coast aren't quiet equivalent to the turquoise waters off Virgin Gorda, but I am looking forward to showing the girls all of the historical sites on Georgia's barrier islands.  I am hoping to get to Cumberland, since I have never been. We are also going to take the girls to Sapelo to see Hog Hammock and The UGA Marine Science center.  I don't even know how long we'll stay, but I'm hoping to see as many of the barrier islands as we can, maybe doing a little kayaking, put my toes in the sand and hopefully the girls will learn a little along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment