Sunday, February 7, 2010

4 ingredient recipes and a case of the winter time blues....

Call me lazy but I am just too tired to cook much during the week. I always have good intentions but when I get home, I'm so exhausted, both mentally and physically, that frozen pizza sounds more and more like a viable option.  It takes quite an effort some nights to put a decent supper on the table. A dessert during the week? Fuggetaboutit!  Recently though, my mom bought a cookbook from the Midville Garden Club called "Ogeechee River Cooks". There are some GREAT 4 ingredient recipes for desserts in there! Now I'm not saying I'd take these to a church dinner or anything, but for a middle of the week dessert they really sound great.  Yesterday evening I was in a winter funk and wanted to make something quick and easy since Bonnie and Carlos were coming over for dessert and coffee after supper. I looked up a 4 ingredient recipe for Key Lime Pie.  The only ingredients are cool whip, condensed milk, limeaid and a pie crust. I was really impressed by the outcome. Nothing fancy but everyone really liked it. 

I went to Kohl's today and found some great deals on early spring clothes. I bought some springy pastels to help lift my mood! I definitely have a case of the winter doldrums and retail therapy is an acceptable treatment for this affliction. Catching a glimpse of my narcissus bulbs coming up in the front yard this morning helped even more.

My dad left today to go to the North American Livestock and Farm Exposition in Louisville, Kentucky. I'm sure farm chores will keep us busy this week.  I hope being busy makes the week go by quickly. I am REALLY looking forward to a long holiday weekend.  Oh, and I'm posting a pic from our trip to Jost van Dyke. White Bay Beach is breathtaking if you ever get a chance to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment