Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My fellow finally finished the tea room yellow!



We were cleaning up literally 15 minutes before our weekend company arrived this past weekend, but Pete finished Addie's room!  We like the Tea Room Yellow much better than the Quaker Beige that colors most of the rest of the house. She really likes it. I am so glad I got a good suggestion from a friend (thanks Tammy!) regarding color. I used the same color palette and just chose a slightly different shade. 

In other news, Addie Belle turned five on Monday and we had a wonderful weekend celebrating! Gran and Papa came along with Emma, Sarah, David and Jess. The Mennonite bakery made a wonderful cake and God made BEAUTIFUL weather!
 

Addie also enjoyed a visit from her best friend in the world, Mary Will. Addie sort of pronounces it  "Mer Will" but it's quite endearing.

Sunday was so beautiful, that after church I had to have the horses out.  Peaches is about to wean her colt and she has been acting nutty. She STILL acted nutty Sunday, but after a few suggestions from Ali's riding instructor, I lunged her for a few minutes and the next time I ride I'm going to do that after I saddle but before I ride. We'll see if that works. Her colt is aggravating the stew out of her, jumping on her, biting at her, and he's under her feet ALL the time. She's about to go all MAMA wild on him I'm afraid and I really hope I'm not in the saddle when that happens!  


And lastly, Addie got her hair cut this week. She's been asking for awhile to get it cut and since she's SO tender headed I relented. I'm tired of tears every morning. After she had it cut, I really liked it and so does she!
 Have a great rest of the week everyone!


3 comments:

  1. Love the hair cut. Too cute! Paint looks good- Pete did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, tender heads. Poor baby! It looks great!

    Do you remember you and your mama tag teaming my hair before one of your basketball games that I went to with Ernie? Good lord was my hair ever a mess! And poor Heather seems to have inherited the rats' nest!!

    The house looks beautiful, and I'm insanely jealous of the horses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry- I remember that like it was yesterday!! Addie unfortunately inherited my tender head!!

    ReplyDelete