Monday, December 24, 2012

Quiet Christmas Eve


We sure enjoyed Colten and Beth visiting since Thursday. Ernie drove on down Friday night and the kids had an absolute blast. They played and played and played and PLAYED!  I think they destroyed my upstairs but it was worth it. I love that these cousins love each other so!

They entertained the old folks at the Vidette Christmas Party.



Ali Grace earned her way to the big people table....

Colten said an AMAZING blessing... (and yes I couldn't help but take a picture in the middle of it- don't judge).



They had a great time playing in the cotton field behind the house and watching the cotton picker make laps around the field.  We enjoyed a too short visit from the Tomlinsons since they won't be making it down for New Year's this year. :(



We've done most of the overeating on my side of the family already. I'm about tired of the leftovers and I'm ready for a slice of pizza or a cheeseburger! We are heading to Charlottesville to celebrate the Bennett Christmas on the 26th. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and getting out of town for awhile. I know y'all are thinking- that girl ain't gonna make it that long away from Vidette. It's only 4 days. I will survive. Especially if I keep telling myself that over and over again. The girls are about as wild about going to see Emma and Sarah as they are about Santa Claus!

We're spending this rainy evening sipping cider, making cookies for Santa, watching Christmas movies, going to Christmas Eve service and then wrapping a few gifts. I'm all about low stress this Christmas. Heck I didn't even send out Christmas cards this year and I don't feel a bit guilty about it. Well maybe a little since I did enjoy seeing the cards everyone sent to us!
Merry Christmas y'all. I really do hope you enjoy yours. Even if you're far apart like my family- from Charlottesville, Virginia to Vidette, Georgia to San Miguel, Mexico-I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

 









No comments:

Post a Comment