Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Crazy Christmas Time


Sweet Addie Belle had to write a paper in Ms Ogden's class about her family's Christmas traditions. I LOVE that her first sentence is about her Cooper Stockings! It's one of my greatest childhood memories and my girls love it as much as I did. Nanny and Poppy use REAL nylon stockings and so the stockings stretch to be taller than the girls. They are REALLY looking forward to that this year. She forgot to mention one of her favorite Christmas decorations, our manger scene I bought in Plains. She calls it the Jesus barn. I think that's the cutest thing ever! The Jesus Barn. Yep that about covers it doesn't it?
Tonight Nanny got a wild hair to make Reese's bars with the girls. It's a pinterest recipe and for a moment I thought it might be a pinterest disaster.

Addie wants to do everything by herself and poor Ali Grace usually lets her.

Addie read the recipe off the computer step by step



The recipe was a success! Hurray for no bake peanut butter bars! (displayed right next to the Jesus barn no less!)
The girls both have Christmas Dinner at EBA tomorrow and Pete will be joining them. They are so excited. Christmas is in full swing at the House of Bennett. Now if we can survive the next few days of schoool we'll REALLY be ready to get our yuletide on! 
Merry Christmas Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment