Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Post Christmas Bliss..

I don't rush the Christmas decorations back into the attic. I don't know why. I just don't. I think stores starting their decorating in September makes us all sick of Christmas by December 25th and I think that's sad. I usually leave my decorations up until the New Year. We almost always have UGA friends here for New Year's and as part of their Bed and Breakfast fee, they usually help me take down my decorations. :)
I've done away with most of the live greenery and taken down a few things here and there, but I am in no particular hurry. I'm all about the 12 days of Christmas and I think we're only on Day 4 or so! 

It's been cool and rainy around here the last couple days. Addie got this adorable Land's End sweater for Christmas. She does not like a bulky coat or jacket and I'm so glad Santa thought of this great idea! This would be an adorable pic of Addie were it not for the fact that she has a HUGE piece of bubble gum in her cheek that she's trying to disguise. Leave it to Addie to look like she has a "chaw" of tobacco in an otherwise adorable picture!
Francisca did Addie's hair this morning and I loved it! Addie will hardly let me touch her head but for some reason she will let Francisca do about anything with it. Whatever works. 


I think the picture below says it all. The Kindle Fires were big hits! The girls have been glued to theirs and when they put it down I play a fierce round or two of Fruit Ninja! They're dressed in red because we had planned to go to the Georgia basketball game tonight. Turns out, the fire in the fireplace and my sofa were just way too comfortable and the Dawgs lost out.  Maybe next game! 


I haven't been into town or even off the farm since Christmas Eve and so far I don't care one bit. 
 Looking forward to spending New Year's with good friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment