Sunday, December 11, 2011

Fa lala la la La LYLES Christmas...

This year we didn't decide 100% to go to Old Town for the Lyles Christmas until 8am the day of the get together! We intended to get up at 6am and make a firm decision but we overslept. Pete picked up the phone to call his mama to tell her we just couldn't make a 5 hour drive for a 24 hour visit. I don't know what it was, but something told me to go so I kicked him out of the bed and told him to get in the shower. We threw our stuff in the car and took off. Falalalala la la la la!
I mean really, minus the obnoxious Florida hat, who could resist that face? He looks so stress free and happy go lucky. Bless his heart. Bert's gonna be the daddy of twin girls soon, so y'all let him have his blissful peace while he can!

Erin, Bert's sweet wife and Jamie Ann, the current record holder for the number of calls to Triple A in a two week span...


Aunt Patti made great hush puppies
and more importantly, a fine Sangria!

Uncle Robert brought Chilean Sea Bass, Tuna Steaks, and Flounder which was phenomenal. It's good to know Florida folks y'all! 

Aunt Linda and I had a great time comparing school notes and Ali Grace loved stealing Uncle Jim's gator hat.

Terry and sweet Annabelle...


We got home about 3:30 this afternoon and the girls and I had to finish the last Christmas tree. This tree came from Saks Fifth Avenue and I ordered all the ornaments from a little boutique in New York City. HA!! SERIOUSLY? This entire tree decorations and all cost less than 125 dollars. A friend of mine sold me the tree for 50 dollars and every single ornament came from Big Lots. No kidding! 

I am really looking forward to seeing all my Bunko girls tomorrow night! I missed last month because I was at a convention at Jekyll Island. It's been too long! We are going to play a couple of rounds and then have a knockdown dragout round of dirty Santa! 

And one last thing... How did we survive before pinterest? I thought this was a cute idea when I saw it on pinterest and I talked my handy husband into hanging it for me tonight. I think it's cute as can be! Send me some more cards to put in it y'all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment