Sunday, November 20, 2011

Payback can be a #$%#

 This morning we were up early, anticipating a trip to Athens to see the Lady Dawgs take on the Women of Troy (USC). Both teams are ranked and I was looking forward to watching the Dawgs play against a little competition! I love basketball and I love going to Athens for basketball games. The campus isn't crowded, and I just get to enjoy being in Athens. We all scurried around looking for some red and black to don for the game. Ali came down sportin' a cute UGA scarf and boots. Addie came down in her vintage shirt and a pair of truly vintage cowboy boots. Love that girl. Off we went!






We got to Athens pretty early and after lunch at Loco's we walked around campus. The weather was so nice! Addie got to run a lot of energy out on Myers Quad.


Ali Grace enjoyed seeing where I lived while at UGA. Soule was the place to be!




Soule really hasn't changed a bit! Those were the days!!


No day in Athens is complete without a visit to the UGA Trial Gardens. Pete is a horticulture nerd and we always have to check it out when we're in Athens.






We FINALLY made it to the game!

We loved the Dance Dawgs' new uniforms. Addie said last week that they looked like they were wearing their bras. I agreed. These are much better.

The pep band was fabulous of course!





I thought Maryland football had the ugliest uniforms around- but no! It seems the Women of Troy do. These were horrid. Truly difficult to look at through the whole game. I didn't even capture the neon orange and red shoes. Ugh.


Hairy, on the other hand, looked quite handsome!

And Addie wanted to tell him so....

And she didn't want Spike to feel left out...

I have no idea why he had a box on his head. If you've ever seen Spike at a UGA game, you'll know what I'm talking about. 

We rounded out the day by meeting Ernie, Beth and Colten at Buffalo's. The girls loved seeing Colten even if it was just for a short time.


Now for the payback part... I know my brother and I acted like fools sometimes on family trips. I was adequately paid back today. The girls fought half way home and then Addie just whined the rest of the time. Pete was beside himself before we got home and I questioned what in the heck we must have been thinking leaving on a trip like this this morning! I don't know what was worse- Addie whining or Pete thinking that if he yells loud enough she'd STOP whining. Mom and Dad- so sorry about those trips home from Zeb's when Ern and I tried to make each other hit ourselves with our own fists. I know that drove y'all insane but it was so dang fun! I've been paid back in full. 

No comments:

Post a Comment