Monday, November 21, 2011

Damn Good Dawg





Thank goodness the girls were back on their best behavior today!
One of my favorite things about the Holiday season is slowing down a little and smelling the sugar cookies! I picked the girls up early from school today and we flew home to make cookies. 

I use the term "make" loosely! These were even cut out for us!

Addie waited at the oven door as if these were some sort of gourmet goodness from Pineland Bakery. Notice she's still sporting the G from the weekend ball game! Gonna have to take a loofah to that tonight!



All in all it was a good day. 

And another thing...
Larry Munson, the voice of the Georgia Bulldogs passed away today. I was among thousands of others who grew up listening to his gravelly voice on my daddy's radio. Truly, even though my parents are both Georgia alumni, I think it was those Saturdays listening to Larry that forged my path to Athens and solidified my spot amongst the Georgia faithful. God Bless him. He was a damn good Dawg. I've put up a Georgia Christmas tree in my study for the last few years and last year the lights were so persnickitty I threw it out. So this year I'm a tree short and I had fleeting thoughts of not doing a Georgia tree. However, with our SEC East win, and in honor of Larry, I am going to hunker it down ONE MORE TIME! Just have to venture out to buy a tree this week. Have a good week everyone. Clean your house (even if your husband calls you OCD and crazy), burn a holiday candle, bake cookies (even if they're pre-packaged and pre-cut), and enjoy this week holiday week. I always try to soak up as much of Thanksgiving as I can since the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas is pure tee nuttiness. Have a wonderful week everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment