Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last Blast before Summer Has Passed..The day in pictures


Jefferson County school kids go back to school on Wednesday, so this was my last weekend of break really. Ali and Addie still have one more week of break technically, but with me starting back to work, for all practical purposes, their summer break ends this weekend as well. We ended up summer break about where we started it... at Hodges Pond. The girls had a great time playing with their friends Evans and Mary Will. 




We expected Nanny and Poppy to be back from West Virginia about 5:30 so we rode over to their house to wait for them. Pete said he thought it was kind of rude because it looked like we were just waiting on Daddy to grill us something for supper. Rude or not- that WAS the case so why hide it?
I tried to snap a cute picture of Addie under a shade tree, but just as I set my camera, Bessie, our Collie, took off toward her, ran over her and scratched her foot. She was so happy to see Addie she just mowed her down! Addie was not happy.


Ali Grace was happy though! She is finally old enough to drive the gator around the farm by herself.


Looks like she's about to sling her  daddy into a ditch in this picture...

It was a great day!


And right before Nanny and Poppy arrived home, I caught this yahoo in their garage stealing Frosted Flakes. I do not want to know how she got up on the counter like that.


Best of luck to all you kiddos headed off to school tomorrow. I know your parents are happy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment