Sunday, January 31, 2010

Never wear a red vest into Lowe's...


Since Ali was over her WRETCHED stomach virus today, we decided to do some shopping in Augusta that we'd originally planned for Saturday. The girls needed a few things and I needed a thousand things. I was able to get my scrapbook frames 40% off at Michael's. I was very happy about that. I also got the girls a few pairs of cheap Target jeans since theirs have gotten too short. I don't usually buy super cheap kids clothes, but since they'll be wearing shorts and capris soon, I decided 10 dollar Target jeans were acceptable. Ali had to have new gymnastics shoes and Addie had to have new ballet shoes.
The most important thing I got today was PAINT for Addie's room!! When we were building the house, Addie wasn't old enough to be obnoxiously vocal about her color choice, so her room was painted the same color as the rest of the house, Quaker Beige. Ali was insistent on a Pepto shade of pink that I had to tone down with beadboard along the bottom of the walls. I got a suggestion from a friend of mine who used Jekyll Club Veranda Yellow in her daughter's room. I tend to like the historical colors palette and so I checked it out and ended up getting a shade just a few shades lighter, Tea Room Yellow. Pete is busy working on it now!
Today I foolishly wore my Georgia fleece vest into Lowe's and I must have been asked 100 times where the caulk was, or where some sort of power tool attachments were. The girls thought it was quite humorous! Lesson of the day...unless you want to be pestered to death while shopping, don't wear red to Lowe's!

4 comments:

  1. Love the vest story- I'll try to remember it. Glad you found the right yellow. Paint colors are always difficult for me. I'm a very visual person, but it takes me forever to choose a color. It took me over a year to pick a color for our master bed/bath. I still haven't chosen a color for our living, dining and foyer. I'll get to it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm color challenged too! I am a copycat in that respect. If I see it on a wall and I like it, I get it because I am so bad at picking out colors. I picked a color for our living room in our first house in Effingham Co and it was PURPLE on the wall. TERRIBLE. Ugh... My dining room was highlighter yellow. The color I used throughout this house was a color I saw on a friend's walls in Louisville. She got it out of the Pottery Barn catalog. I know better than to go in blindly picking. Since I had the Jekyll Club Veranda to start with, I just went shades up from that and down from that. That way I didn't end up with a "highligher" effect! LOL Pete has the first coat on. I'll try and take some pics tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I worked at Lowe's, when we went on break, we had to take off our apron (we wore aprons back in the day) and stash it in the computer cabinet before going to clock out... If we didn't, we'd be stopped by 15 folks before we could take our break, and sometimes missed out all together on it... Tried to take it off and carry it in my hand once- still got stopped cause folks saw it, and when they stop you, you can't say "On my break! Find someone else!" Well, you can- but I couldn't!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't wear a red shirt and khaki pants in a Target, either!

    ReplyDelete