Thursday, January 28, 2010

Making memories of us...


I don't know if I've ever been so thankful for a Friday as I am for this one! It has been one hell of a week. I don't know if it's been a full moon since Christmas or what, but the four horsemen of the middle school (bedlam, madness, chaos and mayhem) have been unleashed! I cannot wait to relax this weekend and do some shopping since payday finally arrived.
One thing I must have this weekend is a scrapbook shadowbox. Anyone who's been in my house knows I'm a sucker for something unique and personal. Yesterday I mentioned that I loved a wine's "story" as much as I loved the wine. This is true about everything in my house. Many things, if not most things, in my house have a story. Before I got involved in a ridiculous pursuit of a PhD, I got into scrapbooking. I don't have the patience for it nor the attention to detail, but I did manage to buy some super cute pre-made pages off ebay. The other day Ali Grace was having a "girl meltdown" and I sat on the bed with her and went through my old scrapbooks with her baby pictures, her baptism pictures, pictures with old friends from Savannah, and pictures from great family times together. I realized that no one EVER sees them and then that SAME day I was in Michael's and saw scrapbook shadowboxes. They easily fit a 12x 12 scrapbook page. My wheels began to turn!
Before we moved from Savannah, I took a photography class. The instructor was wonderful and he told us to make sure when we photographed our children growing up, to take pictures of their precious little hands and feet. It's a memory you forget and often they cannot be seen well in full body pictures. Ali Grace was helping my daddy on the farm a few years ago, and she came in FILTHY! I don't know what made me think of it but I took a picture of her dirty hands, color enhanced it to a sienna color and it is a beautiful picture. I put it on a scrapbook page with the words "a little dirt never hurt". It's one of my favorites. I think it'd be perfect for the laundry room or bathroom. Likewise I have one of Addie when she was less than a year old gazing into my dad's eyes with her hands on his cheeks. She has always absolutely worshipped him. It would be beautiful displayed in her room.
So that's my plan for the weekend! I'm going to Augusta tomorrow, going by Michael's and then to my favorite wine market. Tenga un buen fin de semana everyone!! (Have a great weekend!)


2 comments:

  1. We have so much in common- I did the scrapbooking thing too. Poor MW has a book with about four pages complete. Ev has the entire first year. Just recently we got the scrapbooks out and I promised MW we would work on it together this summer. I better start printing pics. MW doesn't realize we did not have a digital camera w/Ev so I had to get the pics printed to see them, but most of MW's are on disc or on the computer. Like the scrapbook page/frame idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to get back at it one day! Someday! Somehow! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete