Sunday, March 10, 2013

New Day in the House of Bennett



Maybe I have lived in the sticks too long but I think this goat is the cutest thing ever! I must have it. 



Anyway on to today's news. Yes my friends, it's a new day in the House of Bennett. This Mama has had enough. What it WAS was....
Since I have to leave for work so early in the morning (our school starts at a ridiculous time of the morning), Pete is usually the one who makes sure the girls are dressed in the morning. He has a hard time picking out Addie's clothes because she has everything from a size 4 to a size 8 in her closet. So I decided this morning to just quickly go up and get the clothes out that do not fit and get them in a bag for Goodwill. Big big mistake.

As I approached the landing upstairs, I saw paper everywhere under the guest bed. Keep in mind Francisca just cleaned on Friday. I felt my blood pressure rising. When I got to the top of the steps I saw giblets of paper everywhere on the floor. Of course I was ticked off! I called for the broom and the dustpan and furiously started sweeping- all the while wondering where in the world all these little bits of paper could come from. Then, the Lord revealed it to me plain as day. I turned my head and saw the wall covered in the same little bits of paper. I looked around the room and the bits of paper were on the walls from ceiling to floor. I touched them to figure out what it was...then the crime was fully revealed to me! Those knucklehead children of mine had gotten into a fight with wet tissue paper and had thrown it all over the guest bedroom. I came totally and completely unglued. My Mama just THINKS she gave the speech of the century when I was a kid. We call that famous speech the "I pay a fortune to live in a nice house and your rooms look like you live in the projects". My brother reenacts that speech each Christmas for our entertainment. Well I showed my Mama up today. These children did not need church today because I gave them all the sermon they could handle. We cleaned and cleaned and I forbade them to even look in the direction of the guest bedroom and to even THINK about using ipads ipods or i anything else we might have in this house until they knew how to live in a house like humans!
So it's a new day! There will no longer be any:
*dishes of any kind upstairs. You're not an animal. Eat at the table.
*Sleeping all over the place. You will sleep in your bed. Not on the sofa. Not on the floor. Not in the cabinet. (Yes- one of them had pulled all the quilts out of a wardrobe and slept in it)
*going into the guest bedroom for any reason. Off limits!

My mother in law, sister in law and nieces are coming down Thursday so that Jess can interview for a teaching job. If they'd gone upstairs into that guest room with it looking like it looked this morning I would have had a heart attack of epic proportion!

While they worked upstairs, I worked in my closet. It's getting better. I can at least open the door now. I have a truck load for Goodwill. I am simplifying y'all! Too many clothes stresses me out. I bought 3 new pairs of pants, 5 new skirts, and 7 new blouses. I think everything else is going  to Goodwill!  Now if spring will just get here! I wore a cute JJill skirt today around the house. It's a darling spring style and it's too early in the year to wear it out but I wore it around today and my attitude is better. LOL!

This week's weather is supposed to be markedly better than last week. I hope so because having my porch doors open today was good for my soul.




No comments:

Post a Comment