Saturday, August 11, 2012

Goatpalooza!

Lord y'all my parents are saints. Or insane. Or both. Insane saints. Yes, that's what they are. Since Friday was Pete's first day of school, and the end of my first week of school, we had to send the girls down to Perry with Nanny and Poppy. I don't know how they do it. I hope I'm still running gangbusters like they are when I'm 64. Anyhow, Pete and I drove down this morning to see the Georgia Young Farmer Market Goat Show at the Georgia National Fairgrounds. I had to leave in a hurry since Ali called and told me her pants were still in the dryer. Yes, my parents trucked my brother and me all over the country- Dallas, Texas..Fort Worth... Lawton, Oklahoma, Wichita Falls, Louisville, Kentucky and a thousand more places- yet I can't get my two girls to Perry with their pants. I'm a regular Mother of the Year!


You rest assured, these Burke County girls were the cutest girls in the barn!


The Cooper grands were spectacular! 


Addie Belle and Sidney had the best time at the show! Sidney is a doll. Her parents own the dairy down the road. She and Addie were peas in a pod this weekend. I made Sidney's mama a deal. I'll wash the goats if she'll braid the hair. I have a true disability when it comes to hair braiding.





This SHOW business will wear you out!




And I swear y'all- Ali Grace looked so dang grown this weekend it was hard for me to look at her without crying. And I never cry. Ever. Seriously. 






A great time was had by all. We're taking it easy the rest of the weekend since school starts for the girls on Monday. I'm kinda looking forward to getting back into our regular school routine. Addie won't let me say the word school around her yet. She's totally fast forwarded through next week in her mind and she's already at UGA for next weekend's goat show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment