Sunday, June 3, 2012

An Empty Nest

You can't really tell in this picture, but my husband has on a Hawaiian print shirt and is fastening a kayak to the roof of the vehicle. Am I the only one who's suspicious when he says he's going to a "continuing ed class" for the next few days??  
The girls took off to Jekyll Island with Gran and Papa so it's just me here on the Ponderosa with Mama and Daddy. Since Daddy was tinkering on the farm this morning, I rode with Mama on the gator to feed up and look at the garden. You know you're farm livin' when the back of the gator looks like this:  veggie scraps for the chickens and goat feed.


Check out these cabbages FRESH from the garden this morning!


I fed the goats this evening. I think they miss the girls. She looks kinda sad doesn't she?

It really seemed like they were looking for Ali and Addie today... They looked THIS way...

and THAT way....

up high.....


and down low...

Poor things! They'll be happy when the girls return! In the meantime, we'll all be lonesome. But as my grandma "Dada" used to say "it's a sweet kinda lonesome".  Sometime towards the end of June, all four Bennetts will be back together again under one roof. It is ONE CRAZY MONTH around here y'all. Hope y'all are enjoying your summer "break". Is your house as crazy as mine right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment