Sunday, May 20, 2012

School's Out!

Here's my sweet redheads on the LAST day of school this year.
Addie had a hard time getting going even though it was the last day! She played SO hard the last few days at school and I think it caught up with her by Friday morning. I think Roxy wanted her to stay home too! 


Saturday morning, Poppy wanted to cook breakfast for us. That's one of our favorite things about summer break. No bedtimes, alarm clocks or rushing around. There's time for a good country breakfast at The Ponderosa! 
I snapped this picture of "Addie-tude" Saturday morning on our way over to breakfast. She is mad because I had the nerve to be upset about shoes being left all over the house. 


Ali was all smiles...


And so was Addie once she got a bowl of Poppy's grits...

After breakfast, she rode with Poppy and fed all the horses, cows, goats, and chickens... in a dress of course.

And then Colten, our favorite Ninja showed up...


We had a great evening. Mama went to a graduation dinner for a former student out at Hanging Rocks and so my brother and I sat around shooting the breeze and slicing onions for dinner.  Daddy grilled steaks and we fried Vidalia onion rings that were heavenly. 
Addie approved.

2 comments: