Sunday, April 15, 2012

Dirt Clods


I was chastised for not posting any Easter pics of the girls on last week's blog so here it is! 

This week was great, and we rounded it off with a wonderful weekend. Addie and Ali had no school on Friday because of the EBA Prom. Ali Grace spent the night with her friend Emily on Friday and Addie stayed with Poppy all day. 


The most exciting development this week is........
NANNY AND POPPY are getting a pool! After 42 years of teaching, my Mama is FINALLY retiring. This is her retirement gift to herself and I am so happy for her! If you personally don't want a pool, please don't comment on this blog and rain on her parade. She had a pool back home in Hartwell for 20 or so years. She knows how much work is involved and how much money it costs. Why can't people just have their little money draining hobbies and let other people have theirs? Ugh!! 

This is my daddy checking the grade on the backhoe work. My Daddy really can do anything.

Addie watched the dozer work all day long and as soon as the man turned off the switch Addie was in the dirt hole! 

Colten and Addie played on the dirt hills from the fill dirt all weekend long. They were literally filthy. They looked like dust bowl children.

Ali Grace wouldn't want me to tell anyone, but she played on the dirt hills too!  Ha!

I took this photo as she came out of Mama's house. She had fixed some hot apple cider in Mama's Keurig coffee maker. She said, "Ahh Mama I feel like a college girl who just stepped out of Starbucks with a cappuccino! It really cracked me up.




We are gearing up for the CRCT this week at LMS and I despise this time of year. However, at least it's an indicator that the end is near. Can't wait to get on summer schedule! 

No comments:

Post a Comment