Sunday, April 8, 2012

Beaches, Bums and a Bubba!

The two weeks leading up to spring break were beautiful. In fact, it was so pretty here I was just certain that spring break would be rainy or cold. 
Addie rode her bike... yes, in the dirt. Yes, in her Lydia Jane summer linen capri pants.. 


Roxy the wonderdog, escaped from the house a few times. She sneaks by the girls on their way  to get their bikes and by the time she blows by them, they're already well across the road on their way to Nanny and Poppy's. Roxy always looks back at them like "Ha! You left the gate open SUCKA!"

A week or so before spring break, lightning struck our house. I came home from work and was picking up the girls from Poppy's house and I heard my alarm going off across the road. Francisca was already on her way over to check it out. It's never good when your housekeeper comes out of your house yelling FUEGO! Luckily there was no fuego, only smoke. Lightning hit the soffit and shook the window enough to bust it out. I called my Daddy and he put out the smoldering with the garden hose. We have a horrible insurance company and I'm actually sitting here three weeks later with my front atrium window STILL busted out. Don't get me started on ANPAC. Pick someone else. That's all I have to say about that. Well one more thing... we still have no hot water on the left hand side of the house and despite the fact that I have 5 bathrooms in this house, I am showering in the MUD ROOM shower which is about the size of a locker! Yes, I have some hostility about it.


The girls played outside almost every day leading up to spring break. They were EXHAUSTED almost every night. Roxy was tired after her prison break too!








 The week before the break, Edmund Burke Academy held it's spring concert. The theme was "America's Favorite Folk Songs". I had a great time watching these boot clad kids sing! They were just adorable!


And then we started a six day beach trip that was just about perfect! My sister in law, Beth, came down with my nephew, Colten and spent the night Friday night. Early Saturday morning we headed south to Florida.  These pictures were taken our first day there, at Canova Beach, near Palm Bay.




These two refuse to put the tie around their ankle. They're definitely Georgia surfers!











While we were in Cocoa Beach, we went on a dolphin/manatee sightseeing tour. The captain of our catamaran was a former science teacher. She was very knowledgeable about the Banana River and the Thousand Islands area. 



To entertain the kids while moving to another sightseeing area, she gave the kids some shells and a shell book to figure out what types of shells they were.


For the rest of the week, we hit several different beaches. I think my favorite was the one across from Patrick AFB. We had a great time watching the HUGE cargo planes come in for a landing.






Addie lost her second front tooth while we were there. You can sort of see her snaggle toothed smile in this pic!


Thanks to my fabulous cousin in law, Goran "The Swede" for providing this nice Swedish flag towel. It protected my Irish skinned Ali Grace from melanoma. 


We really had a fabulous spring break. It was topped off with a wonderful Easter Sunday. The girls were beautiful in their dresses and a Georgia Bulldog won the Masters.. Seriously- how much better could it be?






No comments:

Post a Comment