Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ali Oakley

I really worried about getting back into a groove after the holidays. We really got into the habit of staying up late and getting up late. The girls really surprised me this week. They did a great job. Earlier this week the temperature was in the teens and today it almost reached 70.  I took this picture of Addie playing on her kindle while waiting on us to leave for school. It tickled me because I noticed over her shoulder she was reading "The Thirty Minute Wine Expert". Guess you can never be too young to learn that port wines go with rich chocolates right?
The girls had their first Upward basketball game this morning and they both played well. I was really impressed with Ali Grace. She was so much more aggressive and not nearly as timid as last year. Most of all, I love the lessons they learn in Upward and that it gives them an outlet for being physically active. I'm all about a kindle fire, but I'm more about running around outside when the temperatures are anywhere between 50 and 90!





Don't let these skinny girls fool you. THEY ARE SCRAPPY!  I was so proud of them today. They won their game quite handily and they all fought for the ball the entire game. They look tiny, but watch out. I think they're going to have a great season! 


After a quick lunch in town we came on home and took advantage of the beautiful weather. Ali Grace wanted to try out her new gun she got for Christmas. Here's a cute picture I took of them while I was standing at the back door. They're reviewing the "rules" of shooting sports. 



Ali Grace really enjoys shooting and she's expressed an interest in competitive shooting. Sigh.... some Mamas have pageant girls. I have a sharpshooter. I'm perfectly fine with that. Honey, a girl that can ride a horse and shoot a gun can do anything. That's the truth.




This is my favorite picture today. Love it!  Pete said she did a fabulous job today and I know Ali loved spending the afternoon impressing her Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment