Friday, September 23, 2011

A Little More Country Than That..

It's been one wild week around here! Thank goodness there was no Jr Pro football game this week or I would have gone from being a Mama on the edge to a Mama OVER the edge!

We were all very busy, but we did stop to enjoy the rain this week. It's been so long since we've had mud puddles around here, I had to relent and let the girls play in the puddles.



Addie didn't mind the rain this week. She is no fan of hot weather and when it rains and there is no recess at school, her wonderful teacher, Ms Harrison, lets the children bring toys to play with during their recess time. Of course Woody and Jessie tagged along with her to school all week this week. Woody got in trouble for talking she tells me. 



This afternoon Pete left for a short weekend hunting trip with his ABAC buds so the girls and I are looking forward to a little girl time. While Ali and I sat on the porch with my Mama doing some online shopping, Addie went off to Kackleberry Farm with Poppy to drop off a load of straw. The two of them are peas in a pod. Addie completely adores her Poppy and I am SO glad that she does. On several occasions I have asked her questions like "what would you rather have for supper" and she will reply "whatever makes Poppy happiest." That girl is either wild about her Poppy or she knows where her bread is buttered. I suspect both.


 

1 comment: