Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's GREAT to BE a Georgia BULLDOG!

My husband deleted my blog. It's a touchy subject. If he doesn't show up at work Monday, it's because he is missing a knee cap. I am SO irritated.. I'm tired and I don't know if I can recreate everything, but here's the jist of our really AWESOME day!




Yesterday was my daddy's birthday so we thought a trip to Athens was in order! Daddy is a UGA Ag grad and so we knew he'd enjoy taking the grands to the UGA Ag Alumni Tailgate at Legion Field.



We found a shortcut over the river and through the woods and finally arrived at the tailgate...

 Addie remembered the herpetology exhibit from last year and made a bee line for the snakes this year...

 Addie does love a reptile. I have a no animals in the house policy. I also have a no snakes on my road policy. I'm only kidding. I know the benefits of having snakes around. I just don't feel the need to hold them or wrap them around my neck. Addie loves it! She really wasn't interested in anything else there. She wanted to stay with the snakes.
 Ali Grace liked the turtles... the snakes not so much!
 I got to see a few former professors and classmates. I hardly recognized Dr. Flanders when he was talking  to Daddy.
 The kiddos loved getting their faces painted..
Addie has never met a critter she didn't like..even this tarantula named Rosie.


 They had a good time playing around at the Home Depot exhibit..

After playing around at the tailgate for awhile, we made our way over to Tate for the DAWG WALK.. Since setting the science lab on fire with a bang last week at school, I got nervous when I saw the bomb squad. My co-conspirator Beth was at the game too.. I think the bomb squad ran back and forth between us! Beth thinks we may be on the no fly list after that incident!  

BY FAR, our favorite part of the day was the DAWG WALK!
We found a great spot to wait on the busses carrying the team.

My Mama and Daddy (UGA Classes of 1971 and 1972) Thanks for raising me to be a Georgia Bulldog!
 Hairy Dawg came through and high fived all of the Cooper Grands!
 The cheerleaders cheered while we waited...
 And FINALLY the Dawgs arrived!!



 We got a few handshakes and high fives from Isaiah Crowell and Malcom Mitchell! The kiddos were sooooo excited!
After the Dawg Walk, we went back to the tailgate and had Fresh Air Barbecue. It's not Zeb's but it was pretty good! The kids played in the woods for awhile and had a great time together.


 It was a GREAT day! The Cooper Grands had a fabulous time! Going back to Athens always gives me chills.
 I am so very glad that my girls want to go to UGA when they get out of high school. I love UGA...
 and I hope one day my girls will love UGA as much as I do.. It is GREAT to be a GEORGIA Bulldog!



No comments:

Post a Comment