Thursday, December 30, 2010

Winter Warmup


I recently posted on a friend's facebook status about the virtues of winter. I do love winter. My fair skinned gingers have a hard time in the summer. We specifically expanded the screen porch on our original house plan keeping in mind that the girls need a place to play outside that is not in the direct path of the scorching Georgia summer sun.  I also hate flying bugs. Mosquitoes, flies, sand gnats, yuck! Hate is not a strong enough word. However, I must admit that even I get tired of the cold weather and the stagnant air indoors and when a day like today comes along, I soak it all in.  I think it helps me survive till Spring, which I truly love.

I am blogging from the screened porch and listening to the blessed sounds of two sisters who whether they know it or not right now are blessed beyond measure to have each other.  Like all sisters, they bicker. But for the most part they get along well and enjoy each other's company.

This year, Addie's favorite Christmas gifts were her pull string Woody and Jessie.  Today Woody and Jessie are riding in the back of the little gator. Of all the Leapster games, DS games, Wii games, etc. these are her favorites. She has misplaced Jessie twice and had a total and complete breakdown until her daddy came to the rescue and found Jessie! Addie used some of her Christmas money from Aunt Betty to buy Woody. She thought Jessie needed a companion.


Ali has REALLY enjoyed her electric scooter today. It goes really fast and sort of freaked her out the first time she tried it, but since she saw Nanny ride around the garage on it, she decided to give it one more try.  While turned around checking on Woody and Jessie, Addie did havean unfortunate collision with my van. No worries. There was already a dent there anyway.

 Even our sweet, but not so smart Collie, Bessie Bess seemed to be especially happy enjoying the children and the sunshine today.

 Addie insisted on checking the eggs while we were outside and showing off her loot. 

We're headed across the road to do some horseback riding this afternoon before I have to come back and get serious about getting this house together for company coming in tonight. 



2 comments:

  1. Love the pics- especially the last- too cute and oh so preppy in her pink and green. Mary Will got a gift card from my parents. When she went to spend it she saw Jessie and had to have her too. Ev had Woody when the first movie came out. Loving this few days of R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that about her preppy pink. She's wearing Justin cowboy boots on her feet. LOL

    ReplyDelete