Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy 2011!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


I prayed tonight that the children would have no lasting scars and that my house would not be engulfed in flames. Luckily, the children had a wonderful time with sparklers tonight and there was no need for an ambulance or an insurance adjuster.




You all who know me well, know I have an aversion to animals in the house. So, to prove that I am not in fact heartless, I included this picture of our collie Bessie Bess. She is scared to death of fireworks or any loud noises for that matter. So I LET HER IN THE HOUSE!

After the fireworks, I promptly lured her out the front door with a barbecued rib.

Addie and Ali don't like loud noises either! They loved the fireworks but covered their ears the entire time.  Craig brought the fireworks from Tennessee since Georgia fireworks are so lame!
  
We watched the show from our back deck.  Then we managed to get all the kids bathed and in the bed by 9. Afterwards, the adults commenced to solving all the problems of the world out by the fire. Good times and good friends. I can't think of a better way to ring in a new year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment