Saturday, November 29, 2014

It IS what it IS...

1. Mark Richt- I need you to know that good looks can only take you so far. Yes Paul Johnson favors Jabba the Hut and you look like a fresh wave of pure hotness, but apparently that's not enough to win a football game. Get with it. My patience is wearing thin.

2. This was a tough loss. Partly because I hate Tech. I actually don't hate the team, They're not punks like Auburn, but ugh... who chews on a piece of shrubbery even if it is a "hedge". Freakin' idiots. Actually now that I think about it,  I do hate them and they are punks. Their mothers should be horse whipped for not being better mothers. As a side note, Privet ligustrum is mildly toxic to humans. I hope that idiot on the Tech facebook page spends his Sunday on the porcelain throne.

3. I did have a great time in Athens today. The weather was gorgeous and I did some mean tailgating with a great group of Joneses. Y'all are DGDs and I know a DGD when I see one!


4. A nice elderly man asked me when I sat down in the stadium if my husband was a Tech fan. I said excuse me sir, but no he is not and I take offense to the fact that you would think I would marry such and I'll have you know my daddy would have written me right out of the will if I'd brought home a tech fan. His response? "GO DAWGS!" Now granted, my husband might have spent the entire first quarter trying to figure out whether that leaf he found on campus was a shumard oak or a scarlet oak, but he ain't no damn wretched tech fan. 



5. Damian Swann- I apologize for naming my two chihuahuas after you. It was a rash decision after the South Carolina game. That 99 yard run put you back in DGD status with me. We've renamed the pups now. 

6. Hutson Mason- what can I say, man? You're a DGD. I know some Georgia jerks are going to be calling in bashing you but they're knuckleheads and too drunk to remember we fumbled twice on the goal line. Take it in stride young man. 

7. Y'all Southerners know what happens when we see a snowflake fall? Mass chaos ensues. Hysteria begins. We suddenly turn stupid and start running around crazy as a bunch of peach orchard hogs. Why? Because we don't see snow that much and when we  do we don't know how to act. Same with Georgia Tech chewing the shrubbery and doing "turf angels" on the 50 yard line after a win. Why? Because they don't beat the Dawgs that much and when they do, they don't know how to act. I still blame it on poor raising, but I could be wrong. Doubtful though. 

8. I told my sister in law, Beth that I wouldn't put that Georgia Christmas tree up this year if we lost to Tech. I'm putting it up tomorrow afternoon. 

9..  I can't explain what happened today Dawg fans. I really can't. But I know I came home to a fabulous Thanksgiving dinner around a table surrounded by NINE degrees from the University of Georgia. I love the Dawgs. It is in my blood and there ain't a cure for it. I'm thankful for that. The Dawgs make me cuss, scream, holler, and gnash my teeth but isn't that a lot like a family?   Blessed is the girl who loves such a team no matter what. And THAT is all I have to say about that. Go Dawgs.  





No comments:

Post a Comment