Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sleeping with the Ag Teacher


This past winter was the worst winter ever. At least the worst one I can remember. We missed a lot of school, went without power for almost a full week, and the last throes of winter are still trying to hang on with a death grip. Yesterday I wore a skirt and a cute pair of sandals in utter defiance. I wore white before Easter. I bought the girls new swimsuits even though we haven't opened the pool yet. I've done everything I know to do and the temps just won't stay in the 80's! I really ought to check my GPS coordinates to make sure I haven't been relocated to Minnesota. Yesterday was sunny but chilly. Pete and I went to the hardware store and bought some gorgeous geraniums and he brought me some ferns from the greenhouse. There are a FEW advantages to sleeping with the ag teacher. Those FFA kids know how to grow a fern. They are just gorgeous. So after shaving the scab off of a mosquito bite this morning, I officially declare spring here- 80 degrees or not.

We've had a few spurts of really warm weather over the last month and we took advantage of it when we could.. The girls enjoyed ambling about on Peaches all over the farm.





We put up a few jars of strawberries...


Addie's friend, Lillie, came to the farm for a visit..


David, Jess, Emma and Sarah came over for supper and s'mores...


I tagged along with The Teacher of the Gifted for a few days at Jekyll Island with some really awesome students..





It took a good soaking bath to scrub the island off of Addie. (notice the Pepsi can).. 


This spring break week our beach plans kinda blew up in our face, but a little time at home is nice too. I need some time to recharge before the crazy two weeks of testing starts at school. The girls have enjoyed staying up late and sleeping in.. Today we're going over to The Big House to help open the pool. I'm just wondering when it'll ever be warm enough to swim.








1 comment:

  1. We are testing this week and have another full week until Spring Break!! Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete