Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Party Animals on the Ponderosa

That title is pure sarcasm. The chickens may well be partying out there.. not sure. There's not much partying going on here y'all. Pete worked on his smoker most all day yesterday and this morning he hopped out of bed before I did in order to get it done. If you know us, you know how rare that is. Pete says my daddy gets up with the chickens, but that I WAKE the chickens. This morning Pete was the one waking the chickens. He took off to the shop and finished it up. I got all the lights and ornaments off the big foyer tree and the girls toted all the wreaths upstairs to the Christmas closet.

We had lunch with Mama at the Big House and then went into town to exchange a few things and buy a boston butt for Pete to try in his cooker. Now- I've been out of the house today. I don't plan on leaving again until Sunday for church. I've got most the Christmas stuff put away. These next few days are going to include me, the sofa, bowl games, and DVR.


The Dawgs are on for the final game of the season tomorrow at noon. I will be watching. Jess and I will be texting each other furiously I'm sure. 


Go Dawgs!

No comments:

Post a Comment