Sunday, October 28, 2012

Whew!

 
Whew! That's the only word I have to describe the month of October. I am definitely an FFA widow during this month. Barely saw Pete during the daylight hours at all. With him working so much, and all the fairs going on around here I felt like I was meeting myself in the road a few times! Thankfully I think we all came through unscathed. We're looking forward to cooler weather arriving this week. Ali Grace and I are VERY excited about our upcoming trip to NEW YORK CITY in a few weeks! We've already started planning and packing!  
Addie was feeling a little left out of the mix, so I let her go up to Charlottesville to visit her cousin Emma. Gran and Papa picked her up on the way. At first I was hesitant about her missing school, but then I remembered one of my most important life lessons: NEVER let school get in the way of a good education. So, she packed up and took off. She's having a  blast being in the mountains. I'm so glad she's had a good time but I cannot WAIT to see her when she gets home tomorrow. There's always a little "twinge" in your gut when all your chickies aren't under one roof. 
It's been nice being able to spend some time with Ali Grace these last few days though. We took these pics today out in the cotton field behind our house.





No comments:

Post a Comment