Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ready for Fall

We have really enjoyed swimming in the new pool this summer! Addie in particular has come so far in her swimming skills and she's even diving well now! Both of the girls are waterbugs and we've had so much fun this summer. When fall gets here, I miss the long days of summer but we've about had our fill of the oppressive Georgia heat and I am so looking forward to some cool weather. We've already started having some cool nights and I've been able to open the porch doors in the morning which does my heart good.  

Addie Belle is enjoying the cross country team at Edmund Burke Academy. I have tried to enjoy running, but nothing about it is fun to me. I have been completely and utterly exhausted after kayaking and I do feel that rush that makes you feel invincible. I've never gotten it from running. But to each his own and Addie seems to love it. Ali Grace is very active in our local 4-H chapter. In fact our sweet county agent, Heather, may want to claim her on her income tax she spends so much time at the office! She competed in the forestry contest a week or so ago and the Burke County junior and senior teams won first place. Next she's competing on the wildlife team and the consumer judging team. Both girls are getting excited about showing their market goats at the Georgia National Fair early next month. Never ever a dull moment around the farm! Here are a few pictures from this weekend. Have a wonderful week everyone!









No comments:

Post a Comment